Thursday, March 3, 2011

Nautical Chart Wallpaper

I stumbled across this photo on flickr this morning and remembered how much I love nautical charts. I blogged about them months ago here but decided to revisit the subject today. AS SOON as I have the chance, I am covering the walls in a powder room with nautical chart wallpaper which can be purchased here: http://www.nauticalchartwallpaper.com/, or I may even decoupage real charts on the wall! I will have to look up some pretty darn good instructions before I jump into that DIY but I am pretty certain it can be done.

Here is what I swooned over this morning:

There are of course some changes I would make here but look at the walls!!

How cool for a poolhouse bar??

I think the key is to reserve the eccentricity of this wallpaper to a room that can be played with, like a poolhouse bar, a nook under the staircase, or a powder room :)

8 comments:

  1. That nautical chart wallpaper is beautiful! It would look great in a library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning,I agree with Fishprincess designs definately perfect for a library. Im one of your newer followers. If you have time check out my print and pattern blog at 009style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeee this!! After scraping wallpaper off the walls in my hosue for weeks I swore I'd never put any up, but this might change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great and look perfect in the room above! Love that bathroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh..I love them all!!! There is so much you could do with this pretty wallpaper:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look too - I've blogged about atlas-based wallpaper in the past too. It looks fabulous and gives a fun, nostalgic feel to any space.

    Tania @ Passport2Design.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm coming a little late to this discussion, but as the proprietor of http://www.nauticalchartwallpaper.com/, I have to say that you have the world of possibilities in creating your own nautical chart mural.

    Consider: You can pick the exact area within a chart you want to be made into a mural, you can also choose to change the color in your chart to match your color scheme, you can wrap the mural around corners of walls and more.

    Right now, bathrooms are the largest part of our custom murals. What other wall covering is a conversation piece?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, want it, but is'nt it ludicrously expencive??

    ReplyDelete